• Admin

Householder Permitted Development

As most homeowners are aware, there are provisions to undertake some extensions and building work to your home without requiring planning permission – subject to meeting strict criteria and providing you do not live in a disqualifying area or home; such as a Listed Building or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Whilst the general belief is that if you meet the criteria you can just carry on and build your desired project (subject to Building Control Approval), what about when you come to sell your property and have to declare the work you have undertaken? A conveyancing solicitor will require proof that the works you have carried out are legal. That is why we will always recommend obtaining a Lawful Development Certificate at the time of initial design. When you obtain an LDC, you are protected when you come to sell and avoid delays and risk to the property chain.

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All